U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) based in Jakarta is recruiting Indonesian Nationals for the following position :
Salary starts from IDR 346,962,617 per annum depending on qualfiications, experience and salary history.
The Program Management Specialist provides direction, policy and technical advice to the USAID Mission for Emerging Infectious Diseases (EID) with a focus on zoonotic and cross-species infectious disease. The incumbent provides across-the-board expert advice on the design, execution, management, structure and documentation of decentralized management of EID activities and trans-boundary infectious diseases. S/he is responsible for directing the performance of EID activities under DO3 “Global Development Priorities of Mutual Interest Advanced,” including overseeing technical assistance agreements to deliver a package of EID control measures in animals and humans, using a one health approach. The incumbent serves as Activity Manager for multiple Emerging Pandemic Threats (EPT) centrally-procured activities and as the Contracting Officer’s Technical Representative (COTR) for other activities. S/he also provides other program management and technical support as required.
1. A minimum of a Master’s degree from an accredited university in a field related to animal health, public health, community development, or other relevant discipline is required. Additional Education in these fields is desirable.
2. Must have a minimum five years of progressively responsible, professional experience in project design, management and implementation in the fields of animal health, epidemioolgy, public health, community development, or other relevant discipline is required. The Program Management Specialist should also have five years of experience working in a development context. Work history reflecting hands-on experience in government institutions (central and sub national level), civil society engagement, and/or community development required. Additional Experience in these fields is desirable.
3. The incumbent must be fluent (level IV) in Bahasa Indonesia, and be fluent (Level IV) in spoken and written English. Higher levels of Language Proficiency preferred.
4. The Program Management Specialist must have sound knowledge of the concepts, principles, techniques, and practices of one health, animal health and public health, infectious diseases, environmental and wildlife issues, community based programming, and development assistance. The incumbent should possess knowledge of GOI policies and policy reform in one or more of the following areas: animal health, public health, rural development decentralized governance, local institutional development involving public-private partnerships, and of related laws, regulations and procedures. It is preferred if the incumbent also understands donor procedures and regulations, community and individual level behavior change, and/or epidemiology. Additional Job Knowledge in these areas is desirable.
5. The incumbent is required to be able to:
1) obtain, analyze, and evaluate a variety of data;
2) demonstrate critical thinking skills about programmatic needs, quality of programs and activities, and make well-reasoned recommendations;
3) demonstrate orientation and attention to detail to plan, multitask and manage and evaluate complex programs independently and as part of a team:
4) organize and present technical information in concise written and oral form in both English and Indonesian:
5) furnish information and advice in assigned areas objectively;
6) follow oral instructions and organize, prioritize and follow through on all assignments with minimal oversight
7) type accurately;
8) edit documents
9) focus on details; and
10) demonstrate proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets, databases and other computer applications (i.e. Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
The incumbent must also have the ability to establish and maintain contacts at all levels of the host government (i.e. from the community level to the Ministerial level) and with stakeholders in the non-governmental arena in order to explain USAID political process project/program policies, objectives and procedures. In the same vein, the incumbent must be able to transmit and interpret host country government and non-governmental sector program-related concerns to the EID Team and entire Office of Health. The incumbent must also have demonstrated potential to acquire knowledge of U.S. Government legislation relating to humanitarian and development assistance: USAID programming policies, regulations, procedures, and documentation; and a thorough understanding of the objectives, methodology, and status of the Mission’s overall Strategic Objectives and Goals.
The incumbent must also have excellent interpersonal skills in order to :
1) facilitate productive professional relationships with other members of the USAID team, with USAID/lndonesia’s implementing partners, and with national counterparts;
2) work tactfully and effectively under pressure:
3) demonstrate extreme flexibility;
4) effectively manage more than one activity at a time: and
5) work effectively as a team member in an established culturally diverse Mission team environment.
The incumbent must be willing and able to travel extensively throughout Indonesia as/when necessary or requested in direct support of USAID/lndonesia and program strategic objectives and goals. The incumbent must be able and willing to work additional hours beyond the established 40-hour work week and outside the established Monday-Friday work week as may be required or necessary. The incumbent must be a self-starterand work well in a team. Additional Skills and Abilities in these areas are desirable.
Please send cover letter, curriculum vitae in English, form DS-174 and required supporting documents (e.g., University diploma, training certificates, references, etc.).
Put the Post Code of F06019 on the subject line of your email and your application should be emailed to: email@example.com
Form DS-174 can be downloaded
Please note that unless all of the required documents are submtited, your application will not be considered.
Closing Date : May 23, 2018 at 4:00 p.m. Jakarta time
Any application received after the closing date above will not/not be considered
For more information about this job vacancy,(i.e., position description and other requierments), please visit USAID/lndonesia
Only short listed candidates will be notified for pre-employment tests and interview.
Tagged as: USAID
The Hong Kong Economic and Trade Office in Jakarta (Jakarta ETO) respresents the Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative...Apply For This Job
Panitia seleksi terbuka membuka lowongan pekerjaan untuk Karyawan dan Karyawati di RSUD Sumsel, Sbb: A. Jabatan Struktural PNS Direktur, Wadir....Apply For This Job